Blazblue Central Fiction is going through testing as we see with the recent release of the videos hitting the web. But it is still testing which means characters will change over time. You can see the changes of a few of these characters below and remember that these may change before we see the end product so use as a base as we wait for the final version.
Celcia A Mercury
CF loketests are starting. I’ll post new stuff here as it gets discovered.
Confirmed Changes(Thanks to Sourenga and SoWL for the first batch of info):
Loketest 1 (July 19th-20th)
Short clip of her new D3 and healing in the first PV
- Exceed Accel: Puech Vapeur (A+B+C+D when in Overdrive)
- New System: Recovery Capability – Whenever a special superarmors through an attack, a blue gauge called Recover Cap appears on Celica’s health bar. Whenever you finish a Drive combo (Ex: 5D>5D2>D3), the Recover Cap amount you gained will automatically transfer to Celica’s health, healing her. Recover Cap healing will only happen when the 3rd D attack in of her Drive combo hits the opponent.
- You can only use the charged versions of Marteau Flan (214B), Lance Quiche (214C), and Armure Sorbet (632146A) by consuming Recover Cap.
- Drive attacks and and the above specials now have guard point to go along with the new Recover Cap system
- 236C now has superarmor. Most likely from 1F. Can take hits and any damage taken becomes blue HP
- 2C pulls in opponent on hit or block, still plus on block
Closed Loketest 2 (August 24th) and Open Loketest (August 28th-August 30th)
BBCF Closed Loketest 2: Celica vs. Hakumen (Sound desyncs near the beginning of the match and fixes itself later on
- 6B has a new animation, Minerva does the same action but Celica now covers herself with her cape. Looks cute.
- 5C has a new animation, single hit now. Minerva does the same action but Celica puts her arm forward now. Jump-cancelable on hit.
- 6C has increased range. Combo’d from the tip of crouching 5C. 5B>5C>6C>665B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A worked from max range and did 3.3k.
- 3C has increased range, a smaller cancel window and less recovery.
- 6A more untech time. 6A(2)>2B works now (assumed midscreen). 6A>2A>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C(both hits)>jc>j.C(both hits)>j.214A did 2539 damage.
- 236B startup and projectile speed are much faster and now go full screen. Still has high recovery but can’t be punished if projectile is blocked.
- 214B bounces away on hit, if midscreen can only follow up with super. Allows for pressure afterwards midscreen, and can follow up with 5B in corner. Seems to be slower now? 214B>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A did 2.9k damage.
- Powered up 214B is basically current charged 214B, but without the charge. Seems faster than regular 214B and goes farther.
- 214C now has projectile superarmor around the time active frames kick in. Damage taken becomes blue HP. Powered-up 214C looks seems to work like current charged 214C, but with less hitstun.
- 236C’s superarmor likely begins on 1F. Damage absorbed turns into blue HP. Launches opponent more diagonally now.
- 632146A (Healing super) healed all of Celica’s blue HP and some extra. It also seemed a lot faster imo. Maybe it’ll have actual use now? Probably can do it after D3 for a nice HP gain.
- 632146B has faster startup but no invul
- 632146C has less recovery and is now single hit on block. GCOD cannot punish it
- All air normals and j.214A are unchanged. j.C>j.D combos now however.
- D strings only have one finishing move now, blows away on air hit and slides on ground hit. You gain blue HP from attacking the opponent with D moves, whether on hit or block. Also from superarmoring through moves with 236C and 214C.
- Blue HP does not go away even if Celica takes damage.
- Self-healing animation will begin after new D3, can special-cancel before the healing starts though. Can do D3>236B for additional damage and run up to start pressure afterwards.
- Self-healing after D3 converts her blue HP to 10% of her total HP (assuming that’s 1000). If you let yourself heal, you don’t get any pressure on opponent wakeup midscreen.
- All D1s and D2s are the same, but have less recovery. You won’t get punished for ending a blockstring in any D2
- All D moves are now special-cancelable
- 214C’s thruster property has changed, unknown if it can still be looped
- Blue HP also powers up 236C, 214C and 214B. Once a powered-up special is used, all blue HP is gone, meaning you can’t use powered-up versions repeatedly
- Overdrive healing is faster and you also gain blue HP for free. Powered-up specials can be used repeatedly.
- Throw doesn’t cause wallbounce midscreen and wallstick in the corner anymore, instead it shocks them like Rachel’s lightning and they float. Can be followed up with 5B. Couldn’t immediately follow it up with 632146C midscreen, probably have to delay it.
- Now has pushblock on B and C normals. 2B>5B had a lot of pushblock.
My impressions from the video:
-Not only is 236B faster, but it goes full screen now.
-New D3 was special-cancelled into 236B for additional damage. Celica ran up and was able to get pressure on Haku after, so it seems pretty good overall. Might be able to be mashed out of though?
-When Kaqn said 6B had a new animation, he meant Celica does something new. She covers herself with her cape during 6B now, but Minerva still does the same attack as in CPEX, so we still have our gawd anti-air~
-Throw doesn’t cause wallbounce midscreen and wallstick in the corner anymore, instead it shocks them like Rachel’s lightning and they float. Can be followed up with 5B. Couldn’t immediately follow it up with 632146C midscreen, probably have to delay it.
214B’s bounce can indeed be followed up in the corner. The Celica in the vid followed it up with 5B into an air combo for 2.9k, but I feel like we can do more. 214B also looks slower, but I’m not too sure on that? Might have been the video quality. You also get pressure afterwards if you do it midscreen. I definitely like it.
-You gain Recover Cap HP from using Ds. If you don’t special cancel D3, Celica automatically heals it as health. (Was still a bit confused on Recover Cap and blue HP, but now that I’ve seen it, it makes sense and looks pretty strong).
-New D3 was the move shown in first CF trailer, Except in there, it caused the opponent to spin. In this new video, it blew the opponent back full screen. If you let yourself heal the blue HP you got, you don’t get any pressure from it midscreen.
-6A or one of her moves might have gotten a damage buff. 6A>2A>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C(both hits)>jc>j.C(both hits)>j.214A did 2539 damage. I’m pretty sure that combo does less damage currently.
-5C’s animation is the same for Minerva, she still hits you with her spinning hand thing, but it’s only 1 hit now. However, Celica strikes a new pose with her arm forward during 5C now. Looks hella cute.
-Got a look at powered-up 214B. It’s basically current charged 214B but without the charging. Looks faster than regular 214B, goes far. I like it a lot.
-6C’s buffed range is hella helpful. 5B>5C>6C>665B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A worked from max range and did 3.3k.
-236C superarmor looks very strong. Beat Haku’s 2A on wakeup (definitely looks like superarmor starts on 1F) and the amount of blue HP it converted into was nice. 236C also pushes the opponent out more diagonally instead of upward like it does now.
-Even if Celica takes damage, the blue HP she gets still remains. That already makes it better than Persona’s blue HP and increases her healing potential by a lot.
-Got a look at powered-up 214C. Causes a pretty strong blowback on front hit. I’m sure it can be followed up but the Celica in the video dropped the 2B pickup cause she backed away a little before doing it.
-2B>5B had a lot of pushblock in the corner…..
-In Overdrive, not only was Celica healing herself at a faster rate, but she was also gaining blue HP for free. This seems like it’ll be pretty awesome. This is prolly what Kaqn meant when he said we could use powered-up specials repeatedly. Looking forward to the comeback potential ehue.
-We get blue HP on both hit and block for D moves. I like this a lot.
-632146A (Healing super) healed all of Celica’s blue HP and some extra. It also seemed a lot faster imo. Maybe it’ll have actual use now? Probably can do it after D3 for a nice HP gain.
-Random, but blue HP disappears when the round or match finishes.
-Overdrive and Burst
- Overdrive time is now displayed in seconds. Jin’s Overdrive time at full health (90%~100% HP) lasts 2 seconds, but at the lowest health possible (1%~9% HP), it lasts 10 seconds.
- After you use your burst, a number is displayed in your burst icon, showing how long you have until you get it back. 0 is when the burst gauge is least filled, and it will slowly count up to 10 (you don’t see the number 10 because as 9 goes to 10, the icon becomes yellow again.)
- Overdrive duration is now the same, whether it’s an Overdrive cancel or a raw Overdrive. This means things like Throw>cOD and Throw>dc>OD, or 6D>OD and 6D>6C>cOD will all have the same Overdrive time. Now it’s better to go for 6D>6C>cOD because you get the same duration, but it’s easier for combos and you get more damage potential.
-Exceed Accel and Active Flow
- Exceed Accel: Kokuujin Ougi: Gekka Hyourou (A+B+C+D while in Overdrive). Costs no meter but automatically ends Overdrive once used, whether on hit or block. Has full invincibility from startup and is overall very safe on block. Can hold A+B+C+D to activate Overdrive and then keep holding to go straight into Exceed Accel, shortening its startup.
- Gekka animation starts by slicing diagonally upwards. Range is half the length of 623B but it has thicker width. Once it hits, Jin will trap the opponent in a giant ice pillar before jumping up and slashing them many times. Then it ends with Jin slamming the opponent down.
- Can see some of it quickly in the trailer.
- Gekka does about 2000 damage regularly and 4000 damage when in Active Flow.
- Gekka has 1000 minimum damage at the end of a combo. Unsure if that was with Active Flow or not.
- Can combo into Gekka from any Overdrive freeze move. Can do 6C>EA in corner only.
- OD 236D>RC>EA is a strong way to do damage anywhere on screen. Will do about 1300 damage.
- When you are in Active Flow, a purple pattern shows around your burst icon and portrait. Increases damage by 10% and Burst gauge recovery rate. Can only happen once per round and lasts 10 seconds.
- You can activate Jin’s Active Flow by hitting your opponent with 6A 3 times. You also get “Active Points” by doing “skillful actions” and “good reads”. In addition to hitting, forward dashing and pressuring, you’ll gain “Active Points” by blocking highs and lows correctly, countering aerial hit with head-invincibility move, doing Perfect Block and teching Throws. Negative Penalty takes away your Barrier, causes Danger state and gives the opponent Active Flow.
- Is now +1 on block.
- Can still cancel into 6A.
- Still jump-cancelable on block.
- Since 5B>6A is gone, going into 6A from 2A is going to happen a lot more! (Also from 5A, but that won’t hit crouchers.)
- Still disadvantageous on block
- Still can only combo by Rapid Cancel, can’t do astral, an EX move or cOD, however it seems like it’s easier to follow up on air hit
- Can achieve Active Flow by using 6A three times
- 5B now ±0 on block again.
- Still can only jump-cancel on hit.
- 5B>6A removed.
- 5B>Throw removed.
- 5B>5A lost to Hakumen’s 5A.
- Also clashed with Noel’s 5A.
- Can get 4.4K off 5B starter meterless in the corner
- Has increased recovery
- Now minus on block
- 6B>5A does not work
- 6B>5B only works on crouching. Jin has about +5 advantage afterwards
- CH 6B>6C does not work, however CH 6B>5C does work
- 2C>6B still works and leads to a combo on air hit
- Seems like you’ll mainly be using 6B in combos to go into specials as most cancels into normals don’t work. Things like 6B>j.214C>2B, 6B>236D or 6B>j.214D>6C>2D
- 5C untechable time on air hit seems to have been reduced. In the following combo: 5B>5C>3C>214D~C>2B>5C>6C, 6C did not connect, but adding a 2C allowed it to connect. 5C>2C>6C still works but it seems 5C>6C will not work on air hit.
- 5C>6C might still work on crouching hit
- Still jump-cancelable on block.
- Float seems to be lower on hit.
- 6C>6D was very low in height, could not use 5C to pick up for an air combo. This may be due to 6C’s lower height or 6D’s lower height.
- 6C>6B removed.
- Has less blockstun.
- Still cannot dash cancel.
- 6C>236D works for a full combo
- Still special-cancelable.
- Still special-cancelable.
- Still jump-cancelable on hit.
- Can still cancel into astral on hit.
- OD 2D>EA works.
- 2D>6B still does not work
- During 6C>6D, an opponent tried to hit Jin and it led to a clash. Seems like startup hasn’t changed much.
- Seems to float lower on hit.
- 6C>6D>6C>6D(non-freeze)>5B is still possible, but the 5B happens faster and at a much lower height.
≪Throw (B+C)≫ (Including throw in here cause other universal mechanics haven’t been posted about yet.)
- Float height seems to be lower now. Can still combo into 22C and 5C air hit.
- Throw>dc>OD>5B or 5C still connect, most likely more difficult because of lower float.
- Seems to have slower speed. Maybe 1.1 speed?
- Replaces Hishougeki as the new 236D.
- A new multi-hit projectile similar to Ky’s Force Break or j.D. Jin summons a giant ice crystal near him.
- Stays in place, does not move.
- Has 3 hits, all hits will cause freeze. Last hit launches.
- Has fast startup, 6B>236D, 3C>236D and j.D>236D all combo. Will not combo from j.C or j.2C though. You can delay these for oki.
- Remains for about 3 seconds if it doesn’t touch the opponent.
- Disappears when Jin is hit, but it remains if he is forced to block.
- Doesn’t seem to change in Overdrive?
- Still costs 25 meter as all EX specials do
- 3C>dl236D>6A, 6A connected after the 3rd hit. However, if you time it correctly, you can get 6A to hit before the 3rd hit of 236D, then follow up on that freeze. It’s a good way to follow up 6A for only 25 meter! If the opponent blocks 6A, then you are advantageous on block as the 3rd hit of 236D will make you safe.
- Can be seen for a quick moment in the trailer here
- Now has faster startup, seems to be around 17F now
- 5B>5C>623C worked on neutral hit
- Can still be used for corner combos like in 2.0, however the 5B followup seems to be at a lower height
- CH 623C>5B removed. Can only follow up with 5A. CH 623C>5A>5B works, but 5C drops after. Seems that you have to end with Sekka. CH 623C>5A>5B>22C will be the new combo
- Now causes wallstick
- Can be followed up with 214D
- 5B>5C>623D>6C works
- 5B>5C>623D>5C>2C>6C>Rehhyou should be the go-to combo
- 623D>5C>2C drops. Seems like it’s still a very bad starter.
- Seems to float a little more during Hizansen
- Causes a stagger down on ground hit, you can follow up with 2B in corner and midscreen for an air combo, but you have to be close to the ground to do it midscreen.
- Kinda feels like CP2.0 Hizangeki
- 6B>dl j.214C>2B might work?
- Can combo into 6C. Possibly because of more hitstun? 6B>j.214D>6C>2D works midscreen
- Yukikaze’s (236236D) damage got a small buff. Went from 3100>3120.
- Aerial version of Hiyoku Getsumei (j.632146D) still has the taunt animation after hit.
- For a really high damage ender, you can rapid cancel OD Ice Arrow and go into Gekka. Or use OD Ice Arrow early in the combo and end it with Gekka.
-Combos, Combo Theories and New Combo Routes
- 5B>2B>5C>2C>3C>214B~C. Basic combo, now easier because of new 3C’s increased range.
- 5B>5C>623C can open up new possibilities
- Throw>CT>6C>6D still works
- 6C>CT>2C>6B works
- 6C>236D>OD>6C might work?
- 5B>5C>623D>5C>2C>6C>623C>5B>22C works
- 5B>5C>3C>236D should work and be able to be followed up? Possibly with air hit 5C into 623C>stuff since it’s faster now?
- 5C>3C>214D~C>2C>6B>dl j.214C>2B might work if you delay the j.214C enough
- Throw>dc>5C>2C>6C>214B (whiff)~C. 2B>5B>22C ender still possible, however 214B~C>2B is much harder to do now. Most likely better off going for Throw>dc>22C>5B>2B>5C>3C>214B~C
- Corner throw combo is the same as CP2.0. Throw>dc>5C>2C>6C>623C>5B>22C
- 6B>j.214D>6C>2D>jc>5B(1)>5C>2C>623C>665B>22C. This route works now because of Hizangeki’s change
- OD 5B>5C>6B>j.214C>6C>623C>EA works. Can most likely add another 6C after 623C
- 623D>6C>cOD>623C>6B>j.214C>623B>EA works for about 5400. Unknown whether it was in Active Flow or not.
- Close to corner throw combo: Throw>dc>OD>5C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>6C>EA
- In corner: Throw>cOD>623C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>5C>3C>623B>6C>EA seems to be possible
- Variation of above: Throw:cOD>6D>623C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>5C>3C>EA
- Throw>cOD>dash 623C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>EA. Could try to put a 6C after the 22C but 22C>6C is very difficult than before.
- stuff>3C>cOD>5C>EA = easy and good midscreen damage
- corner stuff>6C>cOD>EA = easy and strong corner damage
- Seems like high damage combos will now rely on OD Ice Arrow>RC>stuff>Gekka
- In corner: 6C>6D>OD>632146D>RC>6A>6D>6C>623C>6B>j.214C>6C>EA almost 6900 at the time of the 6C. Couldn’t do EA cause OD ended early. Was at 30% health when he started the combo. Will most likely do about 8000 damage if you get EA in at lower health, maybe more if in Active Flow. You can omit the 6C after j.214C and EA will still connect.
- In corner: 6C>6D>6C>cOD>632146D>RC>6A>623C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>EA = 7582 damage. Done with Active Flow activated. Can add a 6C after 22C for more damage but it is difficult to time correctly. Might do more damage if you do 6A later in the combo?
- In corner: OD>6D>632146D>RC>6A>623C>6B>j.214C>6C>22C>6C>EA = 9012 damage. Most likely during Active Flow. It was really surprising to see Jin do more than 9K damage! Maybe it can be further optimized if you do 6A later in the combo?
Closed Loketest 2 (August 24th):
- 6C>2D>CT>2C (air hit)>6B>j.214D>6C/2C works
- Overdrive 3C causes freeze.
- Corner 6C>623C>5A works
- Can still use 5C after 214B~C to catch rolls
- Midscreen OD Ice Arrow>RC>6C>EA works
- Can possibly follow up CH j.214C with 2C or 6C?
- air hit j.D>214C>2B>5C>2C>623C>5A/5B. I believe he says the 214C has to be close to the ground, so you gotta delay it after j.D.
- CH 623C>5A>5C>2C>hjc>j.C>j.D>22C>5C>3C>214B~C works
- 2C>5C works again
- Can still whiff 214B and use 2B after C followup for pickup combos. Possible example: j.214C>2B>(5B)>5C>2C>6C>214B(whiff)>C>2B
- Because 623C is faster, it’s harder to punish reversals.
- You can’t follow up 623D midscreen with new 3C
As always thank you for reading.