We have the official statement from Square Enix talking about Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladio. The episode focuses on the king shield but it also shows you what you can get in the game. Not only does something from the DLC episode carry over but we also gets new modes to expand the game even more.
After losing to the enemy high commander Ravus, Gladiolus is forced to swallow a bitter pill and face the limitations of his own strength. In order to travel with the Chosen King, he realizes he must also possess a comparable level of power in order to protect him. In the ancient ruins that were found in the Kingdom of Lucis 30 years ago, the spirits of heroes that once served the king await the next generation of warriors.
Gladiolus parts ways with his entourage and meets up with Cor, the sole survivor of the trials. Now, with his mentor at his side, Gladiolus sets out to challenge the Shield of the Founder King: the Blademaster, Gilgamesh.
- Uncover the story told through Gladiolus’s perspective: While FINAL FANTASY XV focuses on the bond between Noctis and his friends, Episode Gladiolus allows players to find out what happened when Gladiolus leaves the party.
- New exhilarating action battle that matches Gladiolus’s character as the King’s Shield: While the main game’s system was designed around Noctis and his mobility to warp and dodge enemy attacks, Gladiolus fights by blocking and counterattacking with the new “Valor” and “Rage” system.
- New environment: Players can access a new area that was previously not accessible in the main game.
- Obtain special items that can be carried over to the main game: By completing the episode, players can obtain special items that cannot be acquired from the main game.
- New gameplay modes: In addition to the main episode, two additional gameplay modes, “Score Attack” and “Final Trial” are available upon completing the episode. These modes offer an added challenge and high replay value for the player.
As always thank you for reading.