Nintendo new president Shuntaro Furukawa gave a press conference in Osaka Japan. He talked about growing up on the game giant and how he has respect for legends Shigeru Miyamoto. Here are some of the highlights he spoke about.
- Operating profit was 21.1 billion yen in the latest quarter, compared with analysts’ average projection for 20.2 billion yen.
- Nintendo forecast 20 million Switch shipments for the year, up from 15.1 million in the prior period.
- Switch software titles totaled 63.5 million in the latest year, exceeding the company’s forecast for 53 million. Nintendo expects to sell 100 million in the coming year.
- As of the end of March, Switch owners had on average bought 3.9 titles per console, a figure Nintendo estimates will rise to 4.5 in a year.
- Annual revenue from smartphone games rose 62 percent to 39.3 billion yen. Income primarily attributed to Pokemon Go fell to 10.3 billion yen from 20.3 billion yen a year ago.
As always thank you for reading.