World Of Final Fantasy is coming to the Switch. As we await to see what World Of Final Fantasy Maxima will bring the director Hiroki Chiba sits down with famitsu to discuss not only the game but the sequel which is already written up. You can see what Hiroki had to say below.
- “With the port to Switch (in World of Final Fantasy Maxima) we took the opportunity to give it an enhancement. To be honest, the budget was low so we were limited to what we could do, but we put in some serious time and did the best that we could!”
- “Our staff had trouble with the different resolutions for handheld and TV mode. The engine is Orochi Engine, but since it didn’t support Switch we had to get the engine developers involved. This could be the very first game that uses the Orochi Engine on Switch.”
- “The PS Vita version lacked the memory so it wasn’t able to support the upgrade [for Maxima].”
- “The story takes place shortly after the events with Lann and Reynn.”
- “There are no plans for a sequel, but I’ve already written the story. If we get an approval from Square Enix then development could start right away.”
- “Some fans voiced their opinions on Lann’s puns, so I thought about adding an option to turn off the jokes, but then I felt sorry for the Lann so decided not to.”
- “We thought about some sort of audio commentary from the characters in cut scenes as part of the second playthrough of the game, but decided against it as it would make it more of a metafiction.”
As always thank you for reading.